Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm Engaged!

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 7.5 years, and a few weeks ago, we got engaged! It all happened the day right after my birthday. I forgot to take the day off on my birthday, so I had to work that day. Not only that, I decided to plan a birthday dinner that night and spent it with my friends.

I ate so much that night and stayed out quite late. My boyfriend took me back home and I was like "oh man, I ate so much tonight, I need to go for a run tomorrow morning!" He told me "no you're not. I'm coming to pick you up tomorrow morning at 9:00. Remember to dress nicely, and bring your ID." I remember a while ago I told him that for my 25th birthday, I want to get drunk for the very first time, so I thought he was going to take me out drinking at 9 in the morning. But then he said "No, I'm taking you out for high tea at Fairmont." I was like "No... don't do that, high tea is really expensive..." He said "Nope, too bad - I already made reservations."

So the next morning, he called me at 8:30a and said that he was on his way over. I was still rolling around in my bed because I misheard and thought he was going to come pick me up at 9:30a, not 9:00a. Anyway, I got ready in 30 minutes (makeup, dressed up, etc.) and sure enough, he arrived at 9:00a. We took public transit to downtown.

When we got to Waterfront Station, we headed towards the Sea Bus direction. I pointed out that Fairmont is on the other side of the street and wondered where we were going. He said that he read online that there's a detour that we can take to Fairmont so I just followed blindly. We went down into this area in the middle of nowhere facing the Pan Pacific Hotel's 5 Sails, and he said "I think we're lost." We stopped for a moment and just looked out into the Pacific Ocean. He asked me, "Do you feel lucky?" I replied, "I always feel lucky when I'm with you." And then he told me that he never really showed his appreciation for me for sticking around during the hard times and told me he loved me. Then he told me to hold his umbrella (because it was raining that day). Took this box out of his pocket and went down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I obviously said yes! The box contained a plastic ring (which he said is a substitute ring for now because he wants me to pick and choose the ring I want) and a Pandora charm that I mentioned a really long time ago that I wanted when I got engaged.


Wish I fixed my hair beforehand... T_T

The day was filled with one surprise after another. He then took me this Heliport, this was where I needed my ID, because he was going to take me on a Helicopter ride. We were going to Fairmont for high tea, but it was Fairmont in Victoria, not the one in Vancouver, BC. We spent our day in Victoria and did a bit of sightseeing. I just wish the weather was a bit better, but it was perfect because I was with the perfect guy. It is so weird because after 7 years of calling him my boyfriend, I now get to call him my fiancé! I love this feeling...!!!

12 comments:

  1. Congrats girl! That's so adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thats so sweet! congrats!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lovely story:)Congrats
    www.areejusman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww lucky girl! Congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww!! congrats!!! this is such a cute story :D !! all the best for you and ur fiance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay I get to read your engagement story! That's so amazing. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww ur fiancee is so sweet! congrats on ur engagement! i'm from vancouver as well, so i can totally imagine where he's taking u while he was "pretending to be lost" and stuff haha~ hope u can check out my blog and follow it too if u like? :)

    xoxo <3
    http://miss-6.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww what a lovely story:) congrats! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! I LOVE that tea cup & saucer, so cute xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You made the right choice :)
    -B

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...