Friday, February 17, 2012

Walt Street Fashion Show

I am so sorry for not blogging for such a long time. So I just want to say Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Valentine's Day to you all at once! I have been super busy with school, work, and stalking my friends on Facebook.

Recently, one of my friends who attend the Arts Institute of Vancouver shared this event on her Facebook wall called "Walt Street Fashion Show". The reason why it caught my attention was that it had a picture of a couple Disney Princesses on the cover of Vogue as their display picture.


The Arts Institute of Vancouver is holding a friendly competition for 10 of their school's most talented designers to create a garment inspired by any personality in pop culture while bringing together Walt Disney's timeless stories. The fashion show is going to held at Vinyl Retro Lounge on March 9th, from 8-10pm.


If you don't already know, I am a huge Disney fan. When I came back from Walt Disney World last year, I made this post on Disney's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Disney Princess Makeovers. Every girl wanted to be a princess at one point in their life.

The organizers of The Walt Street Fashion Show have already done casting call on February 12th, but will be holding another one on February 19th (this upcoming Sunday!) from 1-2pm at their Renfrew campus. They're looking for volunteer runway models (no experience required). Their only requirement is that they be approximately 5’7” to 5’11” size 4 to 6.

I am unfortunately 3" too short, but they said to bring my highest heels and come try out anyway! I kinda doubt I'd make it, but I feel like I should try it anyway for that very slim chance of me getting in. It'd be an absolutely amazing experience! Even if I don't make it into the fashion show, I'd really hope to attend and see all the amazing creations!


For more information about the event visit Walt Street Fashion Show's Facebook and Twitter.

Disclaimer: Photos and information taken from Walt Street Fashion Show's Facebook and Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. Wow its look like a intresting show i wish i could go there.Well what ever who goes tell me about how was the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love your blog!

    I am now following you!

    http://veelicious-ness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow super duper i like it alot

    thanks for sharing

    share more :))

    ReplyDelete

This blog is powered by comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...